Performing a Partial Clean will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Partial Clean via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off...wait few seconds
- Turn the printer on.
- When the Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs are illuminated solid, press the Stop button.
- If a bootloader password has been set, Select SIGN IN to access the pre-boot menu.
- Input the bootloader password and press the OK button to confirm the entry.
- A confirmation message will be displayed “Password Accepted”
- Press back button to return to the pre-boot menu.
- Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administration, and then press the OK button to select it.
- Press the Down arrow button to highlight Partial Clean, and then press the OK button to select it
- Press OK button again to confirm request
- Press back button to return to Pre-boot menu.
- If “Continue” is not highlighted, use UP/DOWN button, navigate to CONTINUE and press OK button to select it. NOTE: The product initializes.
- Partial Clean