Performing a cold reset will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Cold Reset via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off...wait few seconds
- Turn the printer on.
- When you see the memory count begin, Press and hold OK button until all LED lights remain lit.
- Release OK button. (Note: The LED’s will flash initially. Do not release the OK key until all LED’s are solidly lit.)
- If a bootloader password has been set, a prompt to enter the password will be displayed in the control panel. Use the keypad to input the bootloader password, click the MENU button to confirm the entry. The option "Select Language" appears.
- Press down arrow to scroll through the options, when “Cold Reset” appears press OK button to accept selection. The printer will perform a cold reset and continue with the power-on sequence.
Note: A printer boot sequence is complete when READY appears on the control-panel.
- Cold Reset