Performing a cold reset will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Cold Reset via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off...wait few seconds
- Turn the printer on.
- When the memory count appears in the control panel display, Press and hold the 3 key.
- When all three LED lights remain lit, release the 3 key. This could take up to 20 seconds.
- If a bootloader password has been set, a prompt to enter the password will be displayed in the control panel. Input the bootloader password and press the START button to confirm the entry.
- Press Start button to continue
- Click the 3 key four times until COLD RESET is displayed in the control panel.
- Press the 6 key to select the COLD RESET option.
- The printer should continue its boot sequence.
- Once the boot sequence has complete, the display panel will prompt for a regional fax setting. Select the appropriate country for the fax and continue to complete the process.
Note: A printer boot sequence is complete when READY appears on the control-panel.
- Cold Reset