Performing a cold reset will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Cold Reset via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off...wait few seconds
- Hold down the 6 key, and then turn the printer power on.
- Continue holding down the 6 key until all LED lights remain lit. (Note: This might take up to 20 seconds)
- When all LED lights remain lit, release the 6 key.
- Press the 9 key one times until COLD RESET is displayed in the control panel.
- Press the 6 key to select the COLD RESET option.
- If a bootloader password has been set, a prompt to enter the password will be displayed in the control panel. Input the bootloader password and press the START button to confirm the entry.
- The printer should continue its boot sequence.
Note: A printer boot sequence is complete when READY appears on the control-panel.
- Cold Reset