Performing a cold reset will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Cold Reset via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off...wait few seconds
- Turn the printer on.
- When you see the memory count begin, Press and hold the √ key.
- When all three LED lights remain lit, release the √ key. (Note: The LED’s will flash initially. Do not release the √ key until all LED’s are solidly lit.)
- After releasing the √ key a message Select Language appears on the display, use ▲ (UP ARROW button) or ▼ (DOWN ARROW button) to scroll through the options
- When Cold Reset is displayed, Press √ Key to select it.
- If a bootloader password has been set, a prompt to enter the password will be displayed in the control panel. Input the bootloader password and press the √ Key to confirm the entry.
- The printer should continue its boot sequence.
Note: A printer boot sequence is complete when READY appears on the control-panel.
- Cold Reset