Performing a cold reset will reset all control‐panel menu items back to the factory defaults. It will also reset all HP Jetdirect card settings such as IP address and method of configuration. As a good general practice you should always print out the configuration page before performing the cold reset. The configuration page contains all Jetdirect card settings. A cold reset does NOT clear the values in the service menu, such as the serial number and page counts.
To Perform a Cold Reset via Control Panel:
- Turn the printer off…wait few seconds
- Turn the printer on.
- When you see the memory count begin, Press and hold the √ key.
- When all three LED lights remain lit, release the √ key. (Note: The LED’s will flash initially. Do not release the √ key until all LED’s are solidly lit.)
- If a bootloader password has been set, a prompt to enter the password will be displayed in the control panel. Input the bootloader password and press the √ button to confirm the entry.
- When SELECT LANGUAGE is displayed in the control panel display, press ▲ until COLD RESET is displayed in the control panel.
- Press the √ key to select COLD RESET option. The printer will perform a cold reset and continue on with the power-on sequence.
Note: A printer boot sequence is complete when READY appears on the control-panel.
- Cold Reset